We didn't start the flame war

Drew Danielson andrew.danielson at CMU.EDU
Tue Jul 30 16:10:51 UTC 2002

[...Hemingway, Eichmann, "Stranger in a Strange Land", Dylan, Berlin,
Bay of Pigs Invasion....]

how about smartasses who goof off around a relevant lingusitics topic?
Does that count as inappropriate behavior that belongs off-list?  Do we
exclude smartasses??  Or only non-clever smartasses??

(Which reminds me of why I didn't bring to the list my questions over
the lexicography of 'Asshat', my new favorite fad word [and one that I
am actively trying to promote through usage].)

BTW - Barry - thanks again! for sending me the 50-lari bill from your
trip to Armenia.  I haven't checked my account, so I hope you had no
problem with the check I sent you for reimbursement.  My tattooist has a
good sketch of the reverse-side art, and I should be getting the work
done fairly soon.