Soda pop

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Wed Jun 12 15:10:38 UTC 2002

>>> Jewls2u at WHIDBEY.COM 06/11/02 07:38PM >>>
I have been a west coaster all of my life and always thought soda was pop,
not seltzer.

I have heard many Californians use soda, even in places where old-timers used to say pop.  For me, when I was growing up, 'soda' was a white powder that we used in baking.  I was amazed that anyone could use it as a drink.  I thought soda must be one of the ingredients in pop--maybe the one that gave pop its fizz.
Fritz