strip "pididdle," anyone?

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Wed Mar 6 03:38:22 UTC 2002

Duane Campbell said:
>On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 21:39:20 -0500 Richard Gage <rgage at INTRAH.ORG> writes:
>> PIDIDDLE: a car with one functioning headlight.  Also, a roadtrip
>> game
>> that
>> rewards the player who spots the pididdle first.  In my father's
>> day,
>> the winner
>> got a kiss.
>
>I apparently grew up in a less  affectionate age. In the early fifties a
>pididdle first spotted allowed you to punch the less attentive rider in
>the back seat.

Late 60s, New York suburbs, padiddle (let's spell it right, damnit!)
involved a single burned out headlight. The person who called it first got
to punch someone else. I don't remember a version with kisses as a reward,
but that might be because I remember the game as played by a group of girls
riding around together.
--
Alice Faber                                  tel. (203) 865-6163 x258
Haskins Laboratories                              fax  (203) 865-8963
270 Crown St                                   faber at haskins.yale.edu
New Haven, CT 06511