SIGNIFICANT OTHER: Increasingly Significant Issue

Douglas Bigham TlhovwI at AOL.COM
Mon May 6 06:44:01 UTC 2002

I still can't handle "partner" for heterosexual relationships.  When this
thread first popped up my >>main squeeze<< and I were talking to someone and
he mentioned his "partner", Chris.  We both assumed he was talking about a
man.  Later, he mentioned that SHE (Chris) was giving a presentation that day
and we both freaked out.  We then assumed it was a business relationship.  It
wasn't; the two are married.

Unfortunately, this entire thing annoyed me and seemed like a setup.
Afterall, here was a man, married to a woman name Christine, and he mentioned
her as "his partner Chris".  It seemed intentionally misleading.

-dsb
Douglas S. Bigham
Southern Illinois University - Carbondale