regional food terms and bake sale?

Robert S. Wachal robert-wachal at UIOWA.EDU
Mon May 6 20:04:58 UTC 2002

Hi, Vickie,

I am working against a deadline for correcting profs for an article to
appear in the summer issue of American Speech.  I as trying to check on a
claim I reported from Barbara harris, a UVic linguist now retired, re Gage
1973. S Landau in his book, DICTIONARIES, seems to suggest that the first
edition was in 1983 (I just discovered this a couple of hours ago).

Please help if you can, I need to mail the proofs tomorrow, but Charles
Carson would, I am sure, accept that simple emendation as late as the day
after tomorrow.  I say this not to rush you, but so that you can ignore
this request if the deadline passes.

Best wishes,

Bob Wachal