artical [sic]

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 17 23:09:44 UTC 2002

In a message dated 11/16/2002 8:25:56 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oliversplace at MSN.COM writes:

    >> I'm Jeff Oliver, a graduate student at Missouri Columbia School of
    >> Journalism. I'm writing an artical...

Don't feel bad.  AOL News is currently reporting that "In Cypress to assemble
a team of weapons inspectors, the mission's leader, Hans Blix, said.."

Critics of Mr. Blix can now say he is lost in the woods, etc.  and his
supporters can say that he is standing as firm as a Cypress tree.

This reminds me of an old paleolinguist chicken-and-egg question, which as
far as I know is unsolved: was the element "copper" named after the island of
Cyprus, where it has been mined since ancient times, or was the island named
after the metal?

       - Jim Landau