Murderers' Row

Thu Nov 21 23:16:31 UTC 2002

A baseball historian -- John Thorn -- has just posted a question on an NYC history bulletin board about the origin of the phrase murderers' row.  I thought that it had been discussed here, some time ago, but did not find it in the Archives back to 1999.  The seeming link from that part of the archives to the older material takes me to the ADL homepage and I don't see a link from there to the old archives.

What am I doing wrong?  Or does anyone have the Murderers' Row material to hand?

GAT

George A. Thompson
Author of A Documentary History of "The African Theatre", Northwestern Univ. Pr., 1998.