Monsoon Wedding gesture

Sun Oct 6 01:26:54 UTC 2002

In Louisville in the 1940s and early 50s we never jabbed our
popsicles into the air, although we both said up your ass and had at
least the left hand on inner side of elbow with right lower arm
up-lifted which clearly had that meaning. I'm sure we would have
adopted the popsicle insult if only someone had introduced it. We
were precursors of iconicity.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston