Herbert Stahlke hstahlke at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Tue Oct 22 01:03:55 UTC 2002

The practice of expanding a metal mesh tube in a coronary artery to treat
angina began sometime in the late 80s or 90s, well after I had moved to this
I/E merger region.  I've heard it called only a [stInt].  I hadn't seen the
word in print till this past week when I was surprised to see it spelled
<stent>.  However, I've heard cardiologists who are not from I/E merger
areas say [stInt].  Is it pronounced [stEnt] outside of this part of Central

Herb Stahlke

More information about the Ads-l mailing list