nuclear/nucular

Thu Oct 24 13:19:23 UTC 2002

Is there a DARE entry for "nucular/nuclear"?
President Bush and former Pres. Carter favor
"nucular"; any other presidents or nationally
recognized people who have favored that pronunciation?
 Growing up in Utah in the 50's, "nucular" was my
pronunciation, and remained so until I was convinced
otherwise - some time in the late 60's or early 70's.
I still occasionally revert to that pronunciation.

=====