Tinglish; Truckit

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Sep 24 09:14:23 UTC 2002

TINGLISH--I just used "Tinglish" for "Tibetan English," but I see that it means "Thai English."  I couldn't find a word for Tibetan English!

TRUCKIT--There are mini-trucks all over Shigatse.  My tour guide said the name for them is "lug."  Someone here said the Tibetan means "pulling machine."  I saw "truckit" used when I Googled for "Tibet vehicle tractor."  See the photo of one at http://kimbriggs.onza.net/Photos/Tibet/Shigatse.  What is the English for this thing?