/zh/ replacing /dzh/?

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Wed Sep 25 20:59:56 UTC 2002

Sorry that I haven't seen every one of these postings. Has anyone
mentioned the pseudo-Italian "veal parmezhan" in place of the affricate in
parmigiano? My daughters used to react to the "zh" pronunciation by joking
that parmesan cheese is made by Parms in the kingdom of Parmesia, far
across the sea.

PR