Film Scripts Online and more databases

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 3 03:41:21 UTC 2003

http://www.alexanderstreetpress.com/product.sheet.overview.htm

   Columbia University also has the BLACK DRAMA database.  The NYPL has Harlem's Schomburg Center and Lincoln Center's Performing Arts Library, but neither has BLACK DRAMA so far.
   Alexander Street Press (web address above) has some interesting databases, but I don't know when/if the local libraries will get them.
   AMERICAN FILM SCRIPTS ONLINE should be a sure bet for the NYPL's performing arts library, but no one there knows anything.
   ASIAN AMERICAN DRAMA should be a sure bet for Columbia University, which has a school of Asian studies.  It might have some Chinese and Japanese food terms.
   NORTH AMERICAN IMMIGRANT LETTERS, DIARIES, AND ORAL HISTORIES should be a sure bet for all three of the NYPL, NYU, and Columbia.  It might have Italian food terms such as "pizza" and Jewish food such as "bagel."
   EARLY ENCOUNTERS IN NORTH AMERICA covers America to 1850.  Again, all three libraries should get this.  I'll be looking for "johnnycake" and "doughnut" and more.
   Perhaps George Thompson knows NYU's plans for these databases?