Salad Spinner (1973)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Apr 3 04:35:49 UTC 2003

SALAD SPINNER

   Not an OED entry, but there is one citation from 1985.  There are no trademarks for the thing.
   It was heavily advertised in the NEW YORK TIMES.

   5 August 1973, NEW YORK TIMES, pg. 37 ad:
SALAD SPINNER.
Crisper salads start here.  Our French salad spinner spins dry your greens in seconds for better tasting salads.
(...)
HOFFRITZ
has it

OT:  FOOD IN FILM

   I forgot to mention that I read through REEL MEALS, SET MEALS: FOOD IN FILM AND THEATRE (Sydney: Currency Press, 1999) by Gaye Poole.  It's not great, and it's Australian and not American.  The best thing was this quotation to start a chapter:

Pg. 167:
"There is no love in this Veal Marengo."
_Wallflowering_