Note Job; Moons Over My Hammy (1992); Fishamajig (1970)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Apr 30 16:49:47 UTC 2003

NOTE JOB

   From the NEW YORK SUN, 30 April 2003, pg. 2, col. 3:

_Police: "Note-Job" Robber a Homeless Man_
    By WILLIAM MAULDIN
(...)  Police said Mr. Brown is responsible for 14 "note-job" robberies, in
which a robber passes a threatening note to the teller demanding money.  A
drastic increase in "note jobs" this year prompted Mayor Bloomberg and Police
Commissioner Ray Kelly to ask banks for help in preventing robberies.

(See the RHHDAS for "nut job" and, perhaps, OED for "nose job"--ed.)

MOONS OVER MY HAMMY

   From the NEW YORK SUN, 30 April 2003, pg. 16, col. 3:

_Eat Your Words_
_A Guide to Menu Language, From Crosnes to Chocolate Venison Jus_
(...)  Chain restaurants deal with novice and timid eaters.  Their menus aim
for reassurance.  Despite the "fun" names for dishes--"Moons Over My Hammy,"
"Death By Chocolate"--menu language at chain restaurants is extravagantly
specific.

Typed DrawingWord Mark  MOONS OVER MY HAMMY
Goods and Services  IC 030. US 046. G & S: restaurant meals consisting
primarily of ham and egg sandwiches and served with one of the following;
French fries, salad or soup. FIRST USE: 19920200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE:
19920200
Mark Drawing Code   (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number   74623306
Filing Date January 19, 1995
Published for Opposition    October 17, 1995
Registration Number 1946766
Registration Date   January 9, 1996
Owner   (REGISTRANT) DENNY'S, INC. CORPORATION CALIFORNIA 203 East Main
Street Spartanburg SOUTH CAROLINA 29319(LAST LISTED OWNER) DFO, INC.
CORPORATION BY ASSIGNMENT DELAWARE 203 E. MAIN ST. SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA
29319
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Type of Mark    TRADEMARK
Register    PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text  SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR).
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

FISHAMAJIG

   The talk about restaurant menu names got me all nostalgic for Friendly's
"Fishamajig."

Typed DrawingWord Mark  FISHAMAJIG
Goods and Services  IC 042. US 100. G & S: SANDWICHES ESPECIALLY PREPARED IN
CONJUNCTION WITH RESTAURANT SERVICES. FIRST USE: 19700218. FIRST USE IN
COMMERCE: 19700218
Mark Drawing Code   (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number   73020550
Filing Date May 3, 1974
Registration Number 1015495
Registration Date   July 8, 1975
Owner   (REGISTRANT) FRIENDLY ICE CREAM CORPORATION CORPORATION MASSACHUSETTS
1855 BOSTON ROAD WILBRAHAM MASSACHUSETTS 01095(LAST LISTED OWNER) HOMESTEAD,
INC. CORPORATION ASSIGNEE OF DELAWARE 111 CONTINENTAL DRIVE, SUITE 309 NEWARK
DELAWARE 19713
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record  WILLIAM J. BURGESS
Type of Mark    SERVICE MARK