Farkling/farggling

Anne Gilbert avgilbert at PRODIGY.NET
Wed Jul 9 16:29:22 UTC 2003

Peter and all:

> Since, to my puzzlement, no one else has spoken up, I guess I'll have to
be
> the one to offer still another variant.  I remember playing the game as a
> kid in So. California, and the order was definitely "rocks, scissors and
> paper."  The logical pecking order, so to speak.  (No farkling, sorry.  No
> matches, either.)

Boy, does your discussion bring back long-suppressed youthful memories.
Sure, I played rock, paper, scissors!  I only knew it under that name.
Interestingly, another person on this list claimed they also had a
"Japanese" chant to go with it.  We didn't have that refinement, but I seem
to recall being told by somebody, whether child or adult, that the game was
originally Japanese.
Anne G>