Politics and Prescriptivism (was Trudgill in Vocabula)

Hadley, Tim tim.hadley at TTU.EDU
Mon Jun 16 18:03:28 UTC 2003

Colleagues,

I apologize for the previous post that was filled with gibberish. I don't know why that is happening from our email server here, but it isn't the first time.

Here's what I said, addressed primarily to Dr. Fiske:

I think I have some ideas about why and how prescriptivist views of grammar and liberal politics go together, and I'll be happy to write the article and submit it to Vocabula, if someone else hasn't already beaten me to it.

Thanks,

Tim Hadley
Texas Tech University