Politics and Prescriptivism (was Trudgill in Vocabula)

Hadley, Tim tim.hadley at TTU.EDU
Mon Jun 16 15:13:22 UTC 2003

Dr. Fiske and colleagues,

I have some ideas about why and how liberal politics and prescriptivist views on grammar can go together, and I'll be happy to write the article, if you don't already have a taker. When do you need it and how long do you want it to be?

Tim Hadley
Texas Tech University

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Robert Hartwell Fiske [mailto:Vocabula at AOL.COM]
	Sent: Mon 6/16/2003 9:36 AM
	To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
	Subject: Re: Trudgill in Vocabula

	Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
	Poster:       Robert Hartwell Fiske <Vocabula at AOL.COM>

	If you were to read The Vocabula Review you might more effectively present
	your case against (or perhaps even for) what I seek to achieve. As it is, and as
	you say, "you do not know of what I speak."

	It's terribly interesting to me how many people damn Vocabula who know
	nothing much of it.

	Why not submit that article?

	Robert Hartwell Fiske
	Editor and Publisher