Trudgill in Vocabula

Peter Trudgill peter.trudgill at UNIFR.CH
Tue Jun 17 16:32:44 UTC 2003

>The copyright to your piece in Vocabula is indeed yours, and you do=A0have t=
>he=20
>right to send the article to others. But no one has the right to copy the=20
>piece from my site and email it to others without my permission. I trust you=
>=20
>agree.

Im not a lawyer, and especially not an American lawyer, but what you
say seems reasonable. Us authors are naturally rather keen on
copyright, of course.  On the other hand, forwarding interesting
articles to a friend is a very common practice. The whole concept of
an on-line journal is a new one to me. I wonder how different this is
from taking a traditional-style journal, xeroxing a paper, and
sending it to someone else.
--
Prof. Peter Trudgill
Chair of English Linguistics