International Women's Periodicals (1889 Vassar fudge?)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 26 04:15:33 UTC 2003

   Cornell has several databases besides MAKING OF AMERICA..  They've
improved in the past year, but I still don't find them a fraction as useful as MOA.
   The "fudge" in the last, new database below is haunting me now.

HOME ECONOMICS ARCHIVES--Sounds great, but the large home economics cookbooks
of the 19th century aren't here.

CORE HISTORICAL LITERATURE OF AGRICULTURE--

THE NEH AGRICULTURAL COLLECTION--I found these databases dry and overly
technical and not too helpful for the American cuisine, but you can try them.

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S PERIODICALS--This contains some periodicals (NEW
ENGLAND KITCHEN) that I already looked through.  Unfortunately, only the Cornell
community has full text access, but the search buttons work unrestricted.  I
tried "Vassar" and "fudge" and "chocolate" and "cook" and got this 1889 citation
that I'll check soon:

http://historical.library.cornell.edu/Dienst/UI/2.0/Query
   True and Company, <A HREF="http://historical.library.cornell.edu/Dienst/UI/1.0/Display/cul.iwp/doa003009?abstract=">Daughters of America, Volume 3, Issue 9, September, 1889</A>
.