Ancestry.com "Historical Newspaper Collection"

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jun 29 07:09:24 UTC 2003

http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/periodicals/news/dblist.aspx?tp=2

   What's anyone's opinion on Ancestry.com's Historical Newspaper Collection?
   For example, it's no secret that I'm looking for the ATLANTA CONSTITUTION.
 This database supposedly has this:

<A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/inddbs/6329.htm">Atlanta Constitution (Atlanta, GA) 1875, 1888, 1903, 1919</A>   1875-1919
<A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/inddbs/6330.htm">Atlanta Constitution, The (Atlanta, Georgia) (Pre-1890)</A> - Updated   1869-1885

<A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/inddbs/6468.htm">Atlanta Constitution, The (Atlanta, Georgia), 1890-1899</A> - Updated   1890-1899

<A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/inddbs/6417.htm">Atlanta Constitution, The (Atlanta, Georgia), 1900-1909</A>     1900-1909
<A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/inddbs/6418.htm">Atlanta Constitution, The (Atlanta, Georgia), 1910-1919</A> - Updated   1910-1919

<A HREF="http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/inddbs/6419.htm">Atlanta Constitution, The (Atlanta, Georgia), 1920-present</A>  1920-1955

   Is this full text of the ATLANTA CONSTITUTION, from 1875-1955?  Could I
give someone "pimiento cheese sandwiches" right now?
   There's much more.  Does it really have full text of the OSHKOSH DAILY
NORTHWESTERN (Oshkosh, Wisconsin) from 1878-1973?  Can I look up Wisconsin
cheeses?
   How about the WEEKLY STANDARD (Raleigh, North Carolina), from 1859-1864,
for "Tar Heel"?
   Really want a Syracuse salt potato that will beat DARE?  How about the
SYRACUSE DAILY COURIER AND UNION, 1865-1965?
   Want to check "I'm from Missouri--show me"?  How about the SEDALIA COUNTRY
DEMOCRAT (Sedalia, Missouri), 1875-1825?
   Love those brats?  How about the SHEBOYGAN PRESS (Sheboygan, Wisconsin),
1909-1976?
   Need the secrets of Rhode Island snail salad?  How about the NEWPORT DAILY
NEWS (Newport, Rhode Island), 1950-1990?
   New Mexico tacos?  How about the DEMING HEADLIGHT (Deming, New Mexico),
1882-1923?
   West Virginia pepperoni rolls?  How about the CHARLESTON DAILY MAIL
(Charleston, West Virginia), 1920-1946?
   The NYPL gets AncestryPlus, an advanced form of ancestry.com from the Gale
Group.  I didn't look because I didn't realize it had a newspaper collection.
   All for $9.95 a month?