Puerto Rican-American??

David Bergdahl einstein at FROGNET.NET
Thu Mar 20 16:39:28 UTC 2003

It seems to be a new fad.  In the last election VP-candidate Lieberman was
touted as a Jewish-American but then Gov. Bush was not called an
Episcoplian-turned-Methodist American.  I remember the flap over Kennedy's
religion, but no one called him a Catholic-American, nor have I ever heard
someone described as a Muslim-American.  There must be some rule at work
here ... is anyone able to state why some people achieve hyphenated-American
status and others don't?

--an English-Irish [County Caven--a county of Ulster but it's in the
republic]-Swedish-American