rocks and stones

Duane Campbell dcamp911 at JUNO.COM
Fri Nov 21 02:23:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:34:30 -0600 Dave Hause

> was much more expensive than
> gravel
> which we produced locally from a "gravel pit" (which did not include
> a "rock
> quarry.")

Here in NE Pennsylvania that is a stone quarry (and we have plenty of
them). And I just ordered a load of #2 crushed stone (which is not white)
for my driveway. Gravel is unwashed stoney soil dug "bank run" or a very
open soil in situ that has a high stone content. Rocks here are generally
larger than stones. No one here would try to skip a rock.