"Windy City" story--a few thoughts

Wed Dec 8 17:23:14 UTC 2004

On Dec 7, 2004, at 6:08 PM, Gerald Cohen wrote:

>      A few thoughts on the "Windy City" story today in the Chicago
> Tribune.
> Nathan Bierma deserves great credit for being the first Chicago
> journalist to contact Barry Popik, double-check with several ads-l
> members, run some of the material by both us and Barry again and then
> get the story right...

indeed.  bierman has been exceptionally careful in his research for
stories involving language (starting by seeking out scholars who might
have the information he's looking for and then actually listening).
there are several other journalists who have done well by us, but not
as many as we might have hoped for.  a moment of celebration is in
order, i think.

arnold