Lumberjack Breakfast (1937)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Feb 1 02:54:30 UTC 2004

  "Lumberjack breakfast" is not in OED.  There are 732 Google hits.
  SAVEUR, January-February 2004, "Special Issue" (They do this every year--how special is that?), "The SAVEUR 100: Our favorite foods, restaurants, recipes, people, places, & things," pg. 55, col. 2:

_THE IF-YOU-CAN-SEE-YOUR-PLATE-IT-AIN'T-BREAKFAST_
_BREAKFAST_
8.  NAMED FOR the big morning meals eaten by American loggers before their day's work and typically including generous portions of pancakes, sausage, eggs, bacon, toast, and potatoes (and sometimes fruit, doughnuts, and/or buttered hardtack), the LUMBERJACK BREAKFAST is served today at coffee shops and diners all over the land, usually whittles down from its Paul Bunyan-esque dimensions to suit more modest appetites.

(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)
Editors Are Losing Battle of the Bulge
By Elinor Lee. The Washington Post (1877-1954). Washington, D.C.: Oct 9, 1953. p. 43 (1 page):
   WITHOUT FOOD for eight hours, the editors satisfied their "hidden hunger" at a Lumberjack breakfast, sponsored by Armour and Company Wednesday morning in the Gold Coast Room of the Drake Hotel. (...)
   What did we eat?  Merely sausages, flapjacks, scrambled eggs, fried ham, fried potatoes, bacon, applesauce, rolls and coffee!

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Sheboygan Press - 3/1/1937
...and interiorly strengthened by a light LUMBERJACK BREAKFAST of pork and beans, fried..
Sheboygan, Wisconsin   Monday, March 01, 1937  879 k
Pg. 4, col. 1:  "Warmly clothed and interiorly strengthened by a light lumberjack breakfast of pork and beans, fried potatoes, pork sausages, ham and eggs, apple, pumpkin and raisin pie, doughnuts, cookies and a few cups of steaming coffee, I shouldered my gun and started."

Walla Walla Union Bulletin - 6/19/1957
...The auditors enjoyed the an naul LUMBERJACK BREAKFAST while similar BREAKFAST will be..
Walla Walla, Washington   Wednesday, June 19, 1957  1034 k

Stevens Point Daily Journal - 8/24/1961
...Sirloin of Beef, Roast Chicken, Pancakes LUMBERJACK BREAKFAST 7 a. m. to 11 a. m.....Mangrum of the Afro-4merican (Negro) newspaper rented an African outfit Monday.....Adults Children 4 to M 75c LUMBERJACK from Noon to 9 p. m. -Real OW.....The man asked that the newspaper be billed for the rental, Eckardt..
Stevens Point, Wisconsin   Thursday, August 24, 1961  764 k

Ironwood Daily Globe - 8/17/1961
...of Beef, Roast Chicken, Pancakes LUMBERJACK BREAKFAST 7 a.m. to 1 1 a.m. Adult 4-10, 75c.....from Noon to 9 p.m. "Real Old Fashioned LUMBERJACK Bakery" VISIT OUR GIFT SHOP..
Ironwood, Michigan   Thursday, August 17, 1961  677 k

Holland Evening Sentinel - 9/10/1964
...community singing, a square dance and a LUMBERJACK BREAKFAST. Help Us Celebrate Our..
Holland, Michigan   Thursday, September 10, 1964  581