Stink Lines (April 1982)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Feb 5 17:37:08 UTC 2004

   I found "stink lines" while looking for "shit."  It happens.

http://www.wordspy.com/words/stinklines.asp
Earliest Citation:
They love anything smelly and three-dimensional. Why, you can practically see
the stink lines coming off it. Look, I could stand here till I'm pink in the
face trying to explain the joys of a good old-fashioned pile of stenchy
things, but it wouldn't make any more sense to you than your toys make to me.
—Kerry P. Talbott, "The light before Christmas," Richmond Times Dispatch,
December 24, 1995

Added to the database on January 23, 2004

   April 1982, NATIONAL LAMPOON, pg. 86:
FAMOUS COMIC ARTISTS SCHOOL by BRUCE COCHRAN

Panel One:
LESSON #217
      SHIT
PRACTICE BY DRAWING FIGURE ONE UNTIL YOU CAN DRAW SHIT AT THE DROP OF A HAT.
THEN, WHEN SOMEONE SAYS "YOU CAN'T DRAW SHIT!," YOU CAN SHOW THEM HOW
WRONGTHEY ARE.

Panel Two:
("FIG. 1" is "shit"--ed.)
(This text is in a pointer--ed.)
NOTE:  DO NOT CONFUSE STINK LINES WITH HEAT WAVES!