Mom's place

Beverly Flanigan flanigan at OHIOU.EDU
Thu Feb 5 22:48:08 UTC 2004

My southern Ohio informant said she wouldn't use the proper name alone in
this way, but "John and them" could be a "collective" term (her word),
meaning, as I thought, an implied reference to the original or complete
family even if only one person lives there at present.  Possessive would be
"John and them's (place)."

Beverly