Pragmatics of authors-name order

Lesa Dill lesa.dill at WKU.EDU
Tue Feb 24 16:57:49 UTC 2004

In scientific publications, the norm is that the primary investigator's name is
listed last.  That struck me as odd when I first began studying molecular
genetics.  I assumed if there wasn't an arbitrary alphabetical listing, the first
name was that of the major researcher or professor supervising the work. I guess
I should never assume anything across disciplines. ??