Church Table ?

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Sat Jan 3 04:46:14 UTC 2004

Oblong tables measuring between 30"x60" and 36"x96" with laminate surfaces
and folding legs.  I've always called these "folding tables" and have heard
"banquet tables", but twice in the last month here in St. Paul I heard them
called "church tables".  It's a natural, to be sure, but new to me and not
in DARE or my slang dictionaries.  [Google was no help because of the large
number of irrelevant hits, even after I maxed out on exclusions.]

Does anyone use this expression?  What else do you call them?

   Tom Kysilko        Practical Data Services
   pds at       Saint Paul MN USA

More information about the Ads-l mailing list