Church Table ?

James Smith jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jan 5 14:00:19 UTC 2004

Even at church, we call them "folding tables."

--- Tom Kysilko <pds at VISI.COM> wrote:
> Oblong tables measuring between 30"x60" and 36"x96"
> with laminate surfaces
> and folding legs.  I've always called these "folding
> tables" and have heard
> "banquet tables", but twice in the last month here
> in St. Paul I heard them
> called "church tables".  It's a natural, to be sure,
> but new to me and not
> in DARE or my slang dictionaries.  [Google was no
> help because of the large
> number of irrelevant hits, even after I maxed out on
> exclusions.]
> Does anyone use this expression?  What else do you
> call them?
>    Tom Kysilko        Practical Data Services
>    pds at       Saint Paul MN USA

James D. SMITH                 |If history teaches anything
South SLC, UT                  |it is that we will be sued
jsmithjamessmith at     |whether we act quickly and decisively
                               |or slowly and cautiously.

Do you Yahoo!?
Find out what made the Top Yahoo! Searches of 2003

More information about the Ads-l mailing list