Panna Cotta (1987?, 1989)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jan 3 06:35:14 UTC 2004

   For nothing I do this.  Please, at least spell my name right.  It's "Bruce
Kraig."
--Barry Popik

http://oed.com/readers/appeal.html
panna cotta (n.: Italian dessert) antedate 1989

(WWW.BOSTON.COM)
NOW STARRING: PANNA COTTA
Published on October 29, 2003
Author(s):    Alison Arnett, Globe Staff
Panna cotta: Literally cooked cream. A mixture of cream, milk, sugar, and
gelatin, brought to a simmering point and then poured into molds to set." This is
Anna Del Conte's definition in "Gastronomy of Italy." It doesn't sound like
much - until you eat a spoonful.For years, pastry chefs put tiramisu on their
menus, whether or not the establishment was Italian, because the sweet
concoction of cake and custard was a surefire sell. Then the fashion moved on to
creme...
(1138 words)

(CATNYP.NYPL.ORG)
Gastronomy of Italy / Anna Del Conte.
Imprint New York : Prentice Hall Press, c1987.

Gastronomy of Italy / Anna Del Conte ; [foreword by the President of the
Accademia Italiana della Cucina].
Imprint London : Pavilion, 2001 (2002 printing)

CLAUDIA RODEN'S
THE FOOD OF ITALY
REGION BY REGION
South Royalton, Vermont: Steerforth Press
2003
(First published as _The Food of Italy_ by Chatto and Windus, Ltd., London,
1989)
Pg. 116:
CREAM CUSTARD
Panna Cotta
   SERVES 4
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar, or more to taste
About 8 drops vanilla extract
1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
   Simmer the cream with the sugar and vanilla for 2 to 3 minutes.  Dissolve
the gelatin (do not use more, or the cream will be rubbery) in 2 tablespoons
cold water and beat well into the cream.  Pour into a little serving bowl or 4
small ramekins.  As the cream is very rich, small portions are best.  Chill
for a few hours until set.

(Emilia-Romagna region--ed.)