Ms. [off topic]

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Fri Jul 2 03:33:08 UTC 2004

LJT777 at AOL.COM wrote:
>I am the infamous "anonymous e-mailer" who proffered an observation about
>whether Ms. was an abbreviation and required a period.  It was
>careless of me not
>to sign my email, but I must say I am astonished that my failure to do so
>aroused such suspicions of ill intent.  Although a member of the ADS
>listserv for
>years, I am unknown to members by name...which, by the way, is Lindsie
>Tucker.  I'm sorry for having troubled anyone; it was never my
>intention, you may be
>sure.
>
>Lindsie Jordan Tucker

Don't worry about it! You've just run into a cultural difference. In
other internet venues such as newsgroups, I've been told that I'm
crazy to use my real name and email address; doesn't stop me...

Alice Faber                                             faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                                  tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                                     fax (203) 865-8963