barrypopik.com; Matled Milk & Chicago

Victoria Neufeldt vneufeldt at MERRIAM-WEBSTER.COM
Mon Jul 19 01:24:51 UTC 2004

Wow, Barry, what a great idea.  Probably the best way to deal with
this particular kind of problem of wilful ignorance.  I'll check out
the site later this evening to help bring you up above 'class brain'.

Victoria

Victoria Neufeldt
727 9th Street East
Saskatoon, Sask.
S7H 0M6
Canada
Tel: 306-955-8910

On Sunday, July 18, 2004 5:44 PM, Bapopik at AOL.COM wrote:

> Go to www.barrypopik.com. Link it. Tell two friends. And
> then tell two
> friends, and so on, and so on, and so on.
>
> I mean to knock out the Big Apple Whore Hoax. Not only is
> the site not true,
> it's not even creative. It can't be allowed the number one
> spot on Google.
>
> My site is already number two on YAHOO! for "Big Apple" +
> "nickname."
> However, on Google, it's about 300, even on a search of
> "Barry Popik" and "Big
> Apple."  It's below such sites as "Class Brain." Incredible.
>
> The site has some stuff about NYC that I'd previously
> posted here. I want it
> up and in good position for August, when the Republicans
> and the Big Apple
> sculptures come to town.
>
> It would be nice if the site gets me money and/or dates,
> but this is my life
> we're talking about, so that's not possible. It would be
> nice if William
> Safire mentions the site, or Gothamist mentions it, or the
> New Yorker, or New York,
> but that's probably not possible, either.
>
> The 1924 Big Apple column head (with the Woolworth building
> on the apple) is
> still not on the site, and I don't even know how to do
> that...It would be nice
> if I had a free day or two to get some sleep and work on
> it, and didn't have
> to do parking tickets every waking hour.
>
> If you like the site, thank Grant Barrett for his help.

<SNIP>
---