The mouse

Wilson Gray hwgray at EARTHLINK.NET
Sun Jul 25 05:38:57 UTC 2004

Beats the shit outta me, Lar. I know it from a Blind Lemon Jefferson
recording. Actually, it's a line favored by several Texas bluesmen. But
I have no idea as to whether any of them proceeded or followed Jimmie
Rodgers. I restrict myself to the Texas-Louisiana-Mississippi axis,
with very few exceptions, just as a matter of preference. We Texans,
regardless of race, creed, color, or sexual orientation, are as
chauvinistic about our state as we're reputed to be. [Please don't
forget that Dubyuh is a native of *Connecticut* and NOT of Texas!]

"Well, I've been to Dallas and I've been to San Antone, but there's a
place called Marshall where I'm better known." - Floyd Dixon: Marshall,
Texas, Is My Home.

-Wilson