This is no sh*t.

Fri Jul 30 22:05:20 UTC 2004

On Jul 30, 2004, at 2:32 PM, Jonathan Lighter wrote:

> ... You say, Arnold, that "women are adept users of large parts of the
> slang lexicon."  Other than the "taboo" part, which parts do you have
> in mind?...

i'm short of time right now, but let me clarify one thing.  i'm willing
to treat the taboo part of the vocabulary as a special case,
recognizing that at some times and in some sections of society this
part of the lexicon might be strongly associated with men.  i intended
to talk about all the rest of it -- much of which concerns social roles
and relationships, personal characteristics, etc.: hunk, cutie-pie,
wimp, wuss, stud muffin, pickled 'drunk', kiddies, etc.

but i'll return to this in a little while.

arnold