This is no sh*t.

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Fri Jul 30 22:10:05 UTC 2004

        I didn't take Wilson's suggestion that women don't understand slang very seriously, so I'm intrigued to read Jonathan's presumably more considered views.

        A couple of observations.  First, it's absolutely to be expected that men and women will have different uses of sexual slang, and it's important to consider sexual slang separately in this context.  Second, my subjective impression is that, at least for non-taboo slang, women are equally likely to understand and use slang, but that, for taboo slang, they are somewhat less likely to understand and use it (though there are some notable exceptions).

John Baker