Query: "A high tuck a-haw" in "Turkey in the Straw"

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Mon Jun 14 17:21:41 UTC 2004

I'm finding this thread fascinating.  Not because I have any clues to the
etymology of "tuckahaw," but because I love the word whatever its origin,
and because until now I've never had occasion to question the way I first
heard that line of the song from a 78 or possibly 45 children's record.  It
didn't make particular sense to me, but what I heard was a reference to
"the hives and the hogs."  (Hey, the song was about farming, wasn't it?!)

Peter Mc.

--On Sunday, June 13, 2004 5:26 PM -0400 "Baker, John" <JMB at STRADLEY.COM>