Latin languages

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Sat May 22 01:23:44 UTC 2004

I wouldn't assume that. I've heard English described as a "Latin language,"
meaning a language descended from Latin, a Romance language. While this is
incorrect by most categorizations of IE language families, it is fairly
common.

In this case, I think a more accurate statement of what was intended would
be "Western languages." Khader is clearly evoking a cultural, not a
linguistic, difference.

--Dave Wilton
  dave at wilton.net
  http://www.wilton.net