MILF

Gregory {Greg} Downing gd2 at NYU.EDU
Sat May 22 19:52:39 UTC 2004

At 03:43 PM 5/22/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>I was very surprised to see *MILF* ('Mother / Mom I'd Like to Fuck') used in
>what I presume is supposed to be a fairly family-friendly magazine.... Has
>anyone else seen *MILF* used in a non-sexually-explicit, or at least
>'harmless' sense?
>
>Damien Hall, University of Pennsylvania

Friday evening, on a singing talent show (or, rather, nontalent show; you
had to see it) that appeared on the WB tv network, one panelist evaluating a
singer who was identified as a mom (and who was full-figured and wearing a
tight shirt, let's be honest here...) sarcastically called her a milf, which
i have to say i was surprised to hear on network tv, given its seeming
origins in the web-porn world -- interesting how the www has started to make
what can only be thought of as porn terminology mainstream -- (btw, the
panelist asked her is she knew the term milf, she said yes, he said you are
one, and then he joked that it's an acronym for "mother i'd like to fly to
hollywood," site of the next round in the singing contest)