"Called a New York--"

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 5 05:29:55 UTC 2005

NEWSPAPERARCHIVE

I just received this. The Chicago 1970s issues will be helpful. (The Chicago Tribune is not there yet.) The 19th century Maine newspaper will help on the origin of the donut hole and maybe even "OK."

(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE E-MAIL)
What's Next: The following titles are scheduled to be available at NewspaperARCHIVE.com within 2-to 4 weeks: The Davenport, Iowa Democrat and Leader (1928); The Chicago Daily Herald (1970s, '90s); The Doylestown, PA Intelligencer and The Gettysburg (PA) Times (2003, '04). Also on the runway are 1800s-vintage issues of The Davenport Weekly Gazette, Augusta, Maine's Daily Kennebec Journal and Davenport's Tri-City Star, as well as 1950s-vintage issues from Eldora, Iowa's Hardin County Index and Herald Ledger.
"CALLED A NEW YORK--"
Just got back from ten hours of parking tickets to about 100 e-mails.
I was adding "Big Potato" and "Big Tomato" and "the Big Guava" (not in HDAS or Cassell's) to my web page and started to lose consciousness yesterday...I tried for seven months to get the 1937 "Big Apple" song on my web page. Are my website statistics correct? It got THREE hits? And I listened to it three times with friends? No one can click a button?
I searched for "called a New York--" on Google. "New York reload" is here several times. Can anyone vouch for the others (to me by e-mail or to this list)?
(GOOGLE)
Safety - Negligent Discharges
... The next weight of trigger, called a "New York" trigger, is around eight pounds.
There is also a "New York Plus" trigger weight of around twelve or ...
www.snipercountry.com/hottips/SafetyND.htm - 13k - Cached - Similar pages

FRETS.COM
... This vintage guitar is often called a "New York Martin" but like all Martin
guitars after 1839, was made in Nazareth, Pennsylvania. ...
www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/ Guitar/Structural/1887Restore/1887restore01.html - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

ADRs or New York Shares
... We have recently been made aware of another type of instrument called a "New
York Share." Instead of American Depositary Receipts, non-US companies may ...
library.findlaw.com/1999/Mar/1/131746.html - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

American Cookie Jar Association
... It's called a New York snowman, as it has gray snow. Thanks Lyn for telling
me about the jar, I have so enjoyed having it in my collection. ...
cookiejarclub.com/archives/1115.htm - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

Concertina.net Discussion Forums > Cajun Accordion Or Melodeon?
... So when we got to Denver, he looked at menus there only to find it was called
a "New York omelette." JimLucas. Jan 9 2005, 03:56 AM ...
www.concertina.net/forums/ lofiversion/index.php/t1877.html - 89k - Cached - Similar pages

American Banker Online - Banker's Glossary
... Sometimes called a New York mortgagee clause. See mortgagee clause. standby letter
of credit. An obligation issued by a bank on behalf of a bank ...
www.americanbanker.com/glossary.html?alpha=S - 102k - Cached - Similar pages

Re: Looking for simple, yummy coffee cake
... And congratulations!! If you want to make one from scratch that looks like it will
be easy try one from Martha Stewart. It is called a New York Crumb Cake. ...
www.cakemixdoctor.com/ask/chat/messages/8805.html - 5k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

TheFiringLine Forums - "The Chicago Combo"
... Worked for me with a LaFrance NOVA 9mm. bastiat, 11-18-2002 04:13 PM. I thought
this was called a 'New York Reload'. ronin308, 11-18-2002 05:02 PM. ...
www.thefiringline.com/forums/printthread.php?t=141177 - 17k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.thefiringline.com ]

Theater News - Peter Filichia's Diary: Who Is Dan Rice? - Filichia ...
... Similarly, the word "role" was considered to be "in miserable taste." A punch was
called "a New York kiss." If you took pictures, you were not a photographer ...
1067litefm.theatermania.com/news/ peterdiary/index.cfm?story=1913&cid=1 - 27k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

ArniesAirsoft Forums -> P90 Clips
... Adv Member Group: Members Posts: 72 Joined: 7-September 04 Member No.: 36, theres
a vest out there called a "new york swat vest" it holds 4 p90 mags comfortably ...
www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/ index.php?showtopic=51&st=20 - 58k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

Re: [Leica] 90/2.8
... There's a certain technique, I'm told, and it only takes a second.. There's a new
U lock out by Kryptonite called a "New York Lock". Bike Mag did a test. ...
leica-users.org/v17/msg07542.html - 4k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

Jambands.com | Features | <b>Deep Banana Blackout: An Insider's ...
... And during the off days, he stayed with us at the White Castle and he & I would
share what he called a "New York Breakfast" of coffee, cigarettes and jazz. ...
www.jambands.com/Features/content_2003_01_23.02.phtml - 50k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
New York 'Terrier'
... and which is not prone to bite. I am not sure but I thought I heard it
called a New York Terrier. I would be grateful if anyone ...
rec.pets.dogs.breeds - May 26 2003, 7:41 pm by T... at dog-play.com - 5 messages - 4 authors

New York 40: Info wanted...
I have come across a boat for sale called a "New York 40". It is a beautiful boat
and I was wondering if anyone knows who designed them? Who built them? ...
rec.boats.racing - Apr 6 1999, 4:43 pm by bbr... at usa.net - 6 messages - 5 authors

What is a NY Trigger?
... around 10 lbs.)from the normal 5 to 6 lbs. pull and so that particular
alteration was forever called a "New York Trigger." Yale ...
rec.guns - Sep 30 2001, 6:03 pm by Yale Brown - 13 messages - 13 authors

SAXOPHONE AND THE BLUES
... Which reminds me - if a harmonica is called a Mississippi Saxophone, what should
a saxophone be called? A New York harmonica? :) -Steve
bit.listserv.blues-l - Oct 20 1995, 4:58 am by Steve Levine - 2 messages - 2 authors

New (for me) Speed Check Technique
Pretty standard on ice to take the leading skate and feather it to a stop. Taken
low enough on inlines, I believe it's called a New York stop. ...
rec.sport.skating.inline - May 30 2000, 5:05 pm by johns - 4 messages - 3 authors

Is the SI System more than just MKS Bastardized by a Committee ...
... A hammer is often called a New York/Los Angeles screwdriver because, as everyone
know, a screw can be driven in much faster using the head of the hammer than ...

Defense -- Revolver ever run dry?
... his already-loaded Taurus .38. Another smart move and often called a "New
York reload". #gun. . .. . One might be alomst tempted ...
rec.guns - Aug 21 1996, 9:10 am by Julius Chang - 66 messages - 46 authors

CL: major screw-ups
... draw the other. I do this all the time, except I use a Glock 17 and a
mini-glock. It's called a New York Reload. I drill that if ...
comp.sys.mac.games.adventure - Apr 16 2001, 6:58 pm by More - 301 messages - 59 authors

Back Lunges
... Ho Ho Ho! ... that is called a New York T-stop, and it can earn high respects
from the teenage aggro skaters. I can see it now .. ...
rec.sport.skating.ice.recreational - Nov 15 2002, 5:59 pm by johns - 33 messages - 8 authors

Polar Fleece Ribbing
Thanks Penny, I just got another idea myself.....perhaps go with a "Great Copy"
pattern called a New York Style pullover that features a different large drapy ...
rec.crafts.textiles.sewing - Nov 15 2003, 9:48 am by Joy Hardie - 8 messages - 4 authors

Message to Andy Stewart
... Basically, I can send you something called a New York check which should be cashable
anywhere, but it is made out in US dollars. For that I pay a 5 dollar fee. ...
comp.sys.dec.micro - Sep 17 1991, 5:57 am by Mr. Neat-O [tm] - 1 message - 1 author

Proper procedure for fast speedloader use????
jimdaan... at aol.com (JimdaAnvil) writes: #the fastest reload? #carry 2 guns
This is called a "New York Reload". DVC -- Regards, Dick<<
rec.guns - Apr 18 1998, 10:48 am by Eaco + Associates - 10 messages - 10 authors