Moh Gang Custard; Blackberry Thumb

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 26 02:01:22 UTC 2005

MISC.
B-BOY--Thanks. I've added to "B-Boy." Actually it comes from Meatloaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light." ("What's it gonna be, boy? Yes or na-na-na-na...?")
NEW YORK EVENING MAIL, NOVEMBER 1917, MENCKEN ARTICLE--It was another article that appeared.  NOT "Divine Afflatus."
COLD STONE CREAMERY--Is there no nickname for this place, like Tarzhay or Whole Paycheck or Monkey Ward?
BLACKBERRY THUMB
AM New York, 25 April 2005, pg. 25, col. 1:
Othopedists say they are seeing an increasing number of patients with similar symptoms, a condition known as "overuse syndrome" or "BlackBerry thumb." In some patients, the disability has become severe.
MOH GANG CUSTARD
MOH GANG--7 Google hits, 0 Google Groups hits
You eat at Coppola's (Italian) and five little pieces of ravioli are $22. I went to Boyd Thai, 210 Thompson Street (between Bleecker Street and West 3rd, near NYU). I had a $7.50 main course and splurged for a $5 dessert. Good food, about $12. Again, I don't know why Italian pasta is so expensive and Thai is about half the price.
One dessert (I went with banana and coconut) is "Moh Gang Custard." Not in the revised OED. It would be included in my food dictionary, but I prefer to do 10 hours of parking tickets.
(FACTIVA)
Snack Store in Thailand Plans to Expand Franchise to 10 Asian Countries
By Phusadee Arunmas, Bangkok Post, Thailand
Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News
394 words
Bangkok Post
Local snacks such as dried longan, kanom moh gang (Thai custard) and tang me (sticky rolled candy stuffed with peanuts) will be packaged for sale under the Aki-ko brand.
(GOOGLE)
Tears of the Black Tiger
... The dessert table featured Khanom Moh Gang (traditional Thai mung bean cake),
Cookbooks ... Khanom Moh Gang (traditional Thai mung bean cake). Cookbooks ...
www.montgomerycollege.edu/ Departments/hospitality/tear.html - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
Northern Star Online | Star Living - Dining
... Moh Gang (Thai Custard). $1.95. Kluey Buad Chee (Banana in sweet coconut milk).
$1.95. Lychee over ice (Tropical fruit in syrup). $1.75. Ice Cream ...
www.star.niu.edu/star_living/ dining/menus/local/thai_pavilion.php - 67k - Cached - Similar pages