Friend-Raiser (like a "fund-raiser")

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 26 03:13:59 UTC 2005

My Public Advocate campaign is going great. No one responds. No one. Nothing has changed for me in all these years.
Another candidate is having a "friend-raiser." It's not in HATCHET JOBS... (2004).
FRIEND RAISER--711 Google hits, 23 Google Groups hits
FRIENDRAISER--532 Google hits, 3 Google Groups hits
(GOOGLE GROUPS)
Golf Outing question
Jaime: In one of the "friend raiser" golf tournaments that we hold in conjunction
with the Alumni Office, we give trophies for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams ...
rec.sport.golf - Mar 1 1995, 6:37 am by Tim Lanier - 14 messages - 14 authors
Help Me With Golf Tournament
... I have run a number of tournaments over the years, they have been both excellent
fund-raisers (net $78,000 in the first year) and excellent friend-raisers. ...
soc.org.nonprofit - Mar 21 1996, 11:19 am by Steve Cunningham - 14 messages - 9 authors
(FACTIVA)
News
Steve Millburg
House of Hunan Joins Restaurant Lineup
869 words
The Omaha World-Herald
BULLDOG
English
(Copyright 1983 Omaha World-Herald Company)

millburg column-sands
Omaha restaurants, like practically everything else, I suppose, seem to run in cycles.
Two or three years ago, it seemed that a Mexican restaurant was popping up on every block. Pizza has been hot lately, and, of course, all those Italian steakhouses have been long since metamorphosed from trend to institution.
The current Big Thing seems to be Oriental food. One of the newest Oriental restaurants is House of Hunan at 2405 S. 132nd St. (the former Jack and Mary's Restaurant just north of 132nd and West Center Road).
Manager Michael Liu said there are three other Houses of Hunans in Nebraska, in Lincoln, Grand Island and Kearney. The Omaha restaurant opened Oct. 3 but didn't start advertising until it received a liquor license Nov. 1.
Room for 200
It's a pretty large place, with total capacity of more than 200 spread among several rooms.
The menu, which Liu said is Taiwanese, is huge, with 90-some items. Prices on most dinners range from $5.25 to $8.95, though some lower-priced dinners in the $3-$4 range are available.
Two of the most popular items so far, Liu said, have been Hunan flower steak ($7.25) and three-flavor shrimp ($8.95).
Portions are large _ Liu said the restaurant strove for ""fresh, good-quality food and good portions.''
A special item is the Imperial Banquet, which costs $15 per person and requires a day's notice. Liu said the banquet features such entrees as Peking duck, oysters and scallops, many of them not available on the menu.
The fairly brief wine list includes three Oriental wines: plum wine, wan fu and sake.
The House of Hunan is open every day. Unlike most restaurants, it has lunch specials every day, not just on weekdays.
* * * Funds for Radio
KVNO-FM's recent 10-day fundraiser produced more than $18,000 in donations and pledges, said Operations Manager Barb Myers. ""We had kind of thought that $15,000 would be doing good,'' she said.
This week, she said, the station will be calling former members who did not renew during the drive. She expected the follow-up would push the total past $20,000. (Forty-five percent of the station's budget comes from such fundraising, she said.)
KIOS-FM, Omaha's other public radio station, is having its ""Friend-Raiser'' this Thursday through Saturday. KIWR-FM, the Council Bluffs public station, won't have its next fundraiser until February.
(FACTIVA)
Living Today
Arts Friends to Gather

79 words
The Omaha World-Herald
Sunrise
English
(Copyright 1984 Omaha World-Herald Company)

saturday living
Arts Friends to Gather
Friends of Performing Artists/Omaha will hold an open-air ""Friendraiser'' from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday on the deck at Park Avenue Health Club. The party is designed to introduce those interested in the performing arts to the Friends organization. A jazz trio will perform and refreshments consisting of wine and 50 flavors of gourmet popcorn will be served for a $3 charge.
(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE)
   Washington Court House Record Herald Saturday, June 19, 1971 Washington Court House, Ohio
...daughter. Arrangements for the our FRIEND RAISER were handled by ff h a.....and carried a miniature rose. of a FRIEND of the bride. Following a wedding..
   La Verne Leader Thursday, November 20, 1975 La Verne, California
...tickets and group rates all 335-6116 FRIENDRAISER' The Claremont Republican..
   Oshkosh Daily Northwestern Friday, October 09, 1964 Oshkosh, Wisconsin
...Central College, an organization of "FRIEND RAISERS" whose efforts are..