Hooah !

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Thu Aug 4 06:56:03 UTC 2005

I checked the list through a couple of the C's. Most were new to me,
but some of them are two days older than water. A couple of the
examples - act the fool  fo' sho'  buck wild - probably date back to
slavery. "Click" is, of course, merely a misspelling of the word that
we all know and love as "clique," which has ben a part of BE since
mother was a girl, to use a phrase that hasn't been used since mother
was a girl. And "cracker" as a slang word for a white person is
laughable to anyone old enough to remember when "cracker" to Georgia
was like "hoosier" to Indiana. "The Atlanta Crackers" were the state's
major minor-league baseball team.

More later, perhaps.

-Wilson