Last Opportunity for Quotations

Fred Shapiro fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Thu Dec 29 14:29:57 UTC 2005

I am now finally reaching the end of editing on the Yale Dictionary of
Quotations.  It is already probably too late to add more quotations
(Barry's posting on "You can always tell a Harvard man," which gave me the
information I needed to stick this one in, in all likelihood yielded the
last addition to the manuscript -- thanks, Barry).  In a week or so I will
be unable to make revisions in existing entries except perhaps for really
important things that I might be able to adjust in proofs.

So, Barry, Ben, Sam, Bill, etc., if you have any discoveries relating to
well-known quotations, now would be a great time to announce them...

Fred Shapiro