Acka-backa, soda cracker

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Sat Jan 29 04:29:58 UTC 2005

I was a kid during WWII, so the Eenie Meenie that we learned went:

Eenie meenie meinie moe
Catch a Jap by his toe
If he hollers "Oh-Ee-Yo"
Throw him over in To-ke-yo!

I was well into my thirties before I knew that there was any other
version. I'm familiar with the book and the movie, "If He Hollers, Let
Him Go." But, not knowing any other version of Eenie Meenie, I lived
half my life without making the connection.

-Wilson