unscripted speech

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 5 13:37:36 UTC 2005

Ca.1973, I saw a young woman working behind the circ desk at Harvard's
Widener Library who was wearing a T-shirt with the Stones' tongue logo
over the slogan, "Lickety-Split! I LOVE it!"

That was for me a hapax. But I guess that I simply wasn't in the right
place at the right time, since seeing this T-shirt struck me as as
very funny and not as an obscenity. Indeed, it was pleasing to see a
young woman with her priorities in order.

FWIW, I asked my wife why it was that youg women these days are giving
more brain than they're getting. She opined that it was possibly a
problem of logistics. Girls can't whip out a twat the way boys can
whip out a dork.

-Wilson Gray

--
-Wilson Gray