"knock up" --usage

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 20 19:31:38 UTC 2005

I, too, agree with you, Fritz.

As for "would hit it," IMO, this is a very recent pseudo-euphemistic
variant of the ancient - in use as far back as the '40's - phrase,
"would tap that ass," which is still in use, with "tap" replaced  by
"hit" and the "it" understood as standing for "that ass."

Further, IMO, this "tap" is derived from, or at least influenced by,
the "tap" in "tap a keg of beer."

-Wilson Gray

--
-Wilson Gray