AD SLICK

Sun Jul 16 15:38:10 UTC 2006

Does AD SLICK appear in any dictionary? I have only been able to find it in
specialized glossaries. It appears to have started in Hollywood but then moved
to general retail.

1
http://www.learnaboutmovieposters.com/NewSite/INDEX/ARTICLES/adslick.asp

AD SHEETS/SLICKS

     An ad sheet (also called an ad slick) is a page or pages of camera-ready
ads of varying sizes that are used in print media such as newspapers and
magazines.

2.
http://retail.about.com/od/glossary/g/ad_slicks.htm
>From Shari Waters
Definition: The final, camera-ready advertisement. It gets its name from the
glossy paper on which it is printed. Examples: The publication running our
advertisements sends an ad slick along with our invoice each month.