Mangu (Dominican dish of plantains)

bapopik at AOL.COM bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jul 17 14:09:54 UTC 2006

MANGU + DOMINICAN--27,600 Google hits
"Mangu" is not in the revised OED ("miserable on food").
I should add that it doesn't always sound like "man goo" and--though I had it today at this resort--it has nothing whatsoever to do with Miss Maxim July 2006 staying here.
(GOOGLE)
free_recipes_mangu Welcome to Dominican Cooking with Caro! The original dominican republic cooking and food information ... Dominican Mangu - Our Answer to Mashed Potatoes ...
www.thedominicanrepublic.net/free_recipes_mangu.html - 7k - Cached - Similar pages

 News, TheThursday, January 23, 1997 Frederick, Maryland
The gathering feasted on rice AND black beans, rice AND peas a traditional DOMINICAN dish for the Fried plantains were served as was a plantain AND onion mixture called MANGU. Pasta is a big part of Of the 32 students in the class, 29 are from the DOMINICAN Republic AND one is