odiferous

Mon Jun 26 12:11:56 UTC 2006

Larry questions the context of JL's cite sighting:

Are we sure the intended lexical item wasn't in fact "odiferous",
which I assume would mean 'hate-bearing', an eminently plausible
meaning for a lexical item on Fox News to bear?
<<<

Very nice. But I've seen "odiferous" used numerous times where "odoriferous"
was plainly meant, so I think by now there are plenty of folks who think
that that's the correct word. (Translate that sentence into descriptivese
for yourselves, if you want it that way.)

m a m